Uncontested Probate Lawyers in Scottsdale, Arizona – Magellan Law
Settling an estate can be complex and difficult to navigate on your own. If you are a Personal Representative and make mistakes, you may pay more in penalties than you would pay to an attorney to help administer the Estate. As Personal Representative, you are held to the standard of a fiduciary, which is the highest legal standard. If you make a mistake, you can’t simply make an excuse by saying that you didn’t know the applicable Federal or State laws. The best way to protect yourself is to hire an experienced probate attorney.
In terms of probate law, an estate is property – either physical or monetary. It can also include intangible items such as contractual rights, trademarks and patents.
At Magellan Law, we can help you:
- Take care of the details, so you can stop worrying
- Make sure the jobs gets done right, so there aren’t any loose ends
- Ensure that you fulfill your responsibilities
- Provide the necessary information to the other heirs and creditors, and take important key steps that other law firms might have overlooked
- We resolve conflicts among family members, and write any and all agreements in a form that will be legally binding
- We go to court when it is necessary to ensure that you are protected from any future claims
- We negotiating with creditors
- Help you figure out how to distribute or sell the personal property that can easily trigger family conflict
- We’ll interpret legal documents, such as the Will, business plans and contracts so you aren’t held personally responsible for making a wrong decision
- We can handle complicated assets, such as a family business, stocks and retirement benefits, as well as priceless possessions
- We can help settle tax claims with the IRS or with a State’s Department of Revenue
- We’ll ensure that when the estate is closed, you are confident that you can go on with your life and no other claims will be made against you
- And if needed, we can track down the location and identity of any additional estate assets
Contact the Scottsdale probate attorneys at Magellan Law for a complimentary and private consultation about your concerns.